CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Colby's Room, Take II


As soon as Jason and I learned we were having a boy, we went straight to work creating a nursery for Colby. I knew I wanted the room to be a light green so he could grow with it and I could use it later on if we had another child. I wanted the bedding to be neutral so it would go with the green. I found the Zanzibar bedding and it had lots of coordinating pieces. I selected the furniture in honey pine finish. By the end of my second trimester we had it all put together. By "we" I mean I had done all the shopping and Jason had done the painting and assembling of the furniture. I was glad it was done and liked the room but didn't LOVE it.

I couldn't pinpoint what wasn't right. I thought it was maybe the color. I remember sitting in the nursery one night and rocking in the glider just staring at the walls and thinking Colby wasn't going to like it. I didn't want Jason to know I wasn't happy because he had worked so hard. After about an hour of rocking and thinking, I approached Jason and gently told him we should repaint. I was about 8 months pregnant and knew it was too big of a project to handle myself and would he mind if we repainted it next weekend if I got new paint? Of course he refused refused to change it and this made a hormonal mama-to-be cry.

About a year later, I was still having the same feelings about his room and got the idea it needed chair rail molding and a darker shade on the lower half to make it more complete. Jason was not thrilled about my latest idea since my ideas become his projects.

My parents were coming into town and my dad is very handy. While my mom, Colby and I were out visiting the zoo, my dad and Jason were busy at home putting the finishing touches on Colby's room. Now, I absolutely love his room!

0 comments: