CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kitchen Helper and Belly Laughs

Colby continues to be curious and into everything, especially around the kitchen. He moves so fast too. I was putting groceries away and left the door open on the fridge as I was going back and forth to the counter and he just climbed right up into the fridge. He also likes to open and close the lid on the garbage can. I don't encourage this but it has made me wipe down the outside of the trash can on a regular basis. I usually place some bowels and wooden spoons out on the floor and he loves to bang on those and push them around on the floor. Such a silly guy.
I'm beginning to see him listen to me with more interest and I believe he understands more than I think he does. He still babels a lot and I have no idea what he is saying. This morning, after I nursed him, part of my belly was still showing and he moved my shirt up more and I began saying belly, and then pointed out his belly. We went back and forth pointing to each of our bellies. Then he really surprised me and began tickling me! Okay, it felt more like pinching but I'm sure he was trying to tickle me because I do this to him on a regular basis. I love hearing Colby's laugh. Lately, he has been making me giggle quite a bit too.

1 comments:

Carrico Family said...

How funny! Kaelyn is doing the same thing! My mom has filled my bottom pan drawer with measuring cups, spoons and other things for her to play with while investigating around the kitchen. The trash is another favorite here too!