Now that Colby is eating more and more solid foods, diaper changes are always quite interesting. Several weeks ago I was startled when I found a foreign looking object in Colby's diaper. I discovered a small black button embedded in his digested sweet potatoes! I don't know where the button came from and was not aware of him even swallowing it! I felt absolutely awful upon this discovery but luckily all was okay and it was only a button and I can kind of laugh about it now. It was a wake up call to be more vigilant. This confirms he is not a fussy eater. I haven't found a food he doesn't like yet.
Pictured is the actual button all soaked and sterilized. I'm planning on gluing it into his baby book as a memento. No, he did not also swallow a dime. I just used it as a size comparison.


1 comments:
I'm glad all was ok! You think you are watching them every minute - but somehow they end up with a bruise or cut or something you didn't know about! Don't beat yourself up about it too much! All is well :)
Post a Comment