CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Backyard Fun

Colby is 17 months old today. He continues to climb and explore. His latest trick is trying to jump. He crouches down, for the wind up and then stands up but doesn't get his feet off of the ground. He still enjoys dancing and when I ask him are you ready to dance, before turning on his video, he move from side to side with excitement.

Jason continues to work on building Colby a swing set. The club house is complete and the rock wall has been attached.





Over the weekend, while Jason worked on the swing set, Colby and I hung out in the backyard. It was a beautiful 80 degrees. He was a busy bee running through the yard barefoot, and trying to climb the ladder!






He got into Jason's tool bag and gnawed on the end of his carpenter's crayon. When I tried to take it away from him he threw himself on the ground in protest.


I was watching Colby run up and down the ramp to the shed from across the yard while reading my book. The next time I looked up from my book, he was no longer on the ramp but inside the shed. I walked over to the shed to check on him and found that he had climbed onto Jason's riding mower! He loves going for mower rides with daddy. He was standing on it, bouncing up and down and makeing mower sounds.

I would carry him out of the shed and direct him to safer areas of the yard but he kept running back for more. Finally, I pulled the shed door down to keep him out but NOOOOO, that didn't work either. Watch the video below to see Colby in action!


1 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

What a fun playset! He'll love playing with that and I can't believe it was 80 degrees there!