CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Disney World!

July 9th was my birthday. This year the Magic Kingdom has offered free admission on your birthday. So on Thursday, Colby and I went to Walt Disney World. I'm not sure who was treating who during this visit. I got a button that said "Happy Birthday Amy" and Colby got a button that said "1st Visit." All day long we were greeted by name by strangers and Disney staff. It was neat meeting others with my birthday. I even met another Amy celebrating her day.

It was pouring rain when I woke up that morning. I turned on the news and it was a solid rain cloud across central Florida. I found the ponchos we bought in Costa Rica and packed those. It rained the whole drive across Orange County but when I was parking it stopped. Of course there were mega puddles everywhere and I got my shoes soaked the moment I stepped out of the car. I had been worried about how I was going to get Colby and everything out of the stroller in a timely manner and then the stroller collapsed to get on the tram. But due to the bad weather, the parking lot was not very full and I could actually walk 10 rows to the front gate.

We walked right onto "It's a Small World" ride. Here is Colby looking wide eyed at the dancing, singing dolls. Since there was no wait, we walked right back on and rode it again.
Here, I told him to smile, so he is saying cheese but not taking his eyes off of the entertainment.


We also saw the Tikki Birds, the Country Bear Jamboree, Mickey's 3-D Adventures, the character parade, rode the train and the Jungle Cruise. It is now 4:30, and Colby has not had his nap yet.

Colby's tribute to Michael Jackson.

We stayed dry until about 5:00 when the rain started back up again so we tried to wait it out.


Colby is fake sleeping here, complete with snores. He did actually fall asleep in the car before we could even get off of Disney property.

0 comments: