CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School

Colby's first day at school was today. He is in the 2 year old class. I worried about him since he has such a hard time adjusting when he went for 3 days in June. We went by to visit on Friday to drop off supplies, pay, and meet the teacher. He began crying as soon as we hit the parking lot. I had to drag him out of the car and carry him in and we were only visiting!

Jason got him there by 9:00 this morning so he could join his friends on the playground. He clung to Jason and boo-hoo'd. The new friends swarmed to Colby which overwhelmed him. We each kept tabs on him throughout the day on the web cam. Jason noticed after the playground he sat at table by himself while others played. I was surprised he did not nap at all!

When I came to pick him up, he was watching for me through the glass window and began yelling "mommy, mommy" as soon as he saw me. Instead of wanting me to pick him up like last time, he was excited to show me a toy grocery cart he had been pushing around. Jason noted that he had been playing with it for over an hour.

I could not believe all that he ate today. The teacher said they start out with the vegetable, (today it was green beans) when they eat all of that they get the entree (chicken and rice), then the fruit (pineapple). He set the bar high today, hope tomorrow goes as well!

The best was when we got home, we climbed into bed and read books and cuddled. Every time I turned the page, Colby when lean over and kiss me.

1 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

Oh my goodness!!! Such a big boy. Handley starts pre-school in a few weeks and I'm excited but nervous at the same time.