All I can say is thank goodness it was a long, 3 day weekend and we changed the clocks back 1 hour in order to fit in all the Halloween FUN and have extra time to still rest.
I had Friday off from work, so I brought Colby to his daycare so he could participate in the costume parade. Here is his 2 year old class all dressed up in costumes.
His teacher asked if I would like to stay and carve a pumpkin. The kids had fun playing in the pumpkin pulp. Every time one of the kids touched the pumpkin, Colby would tell them, "No, my mommy!" I got to see who he hangs out with, 2 cute girls who are next to him in the picture above.
After the pre-school stop, we went to Toddler Time at the library. We met up with some friends there. Colby did not want to take off his Fireman outfit so we went to story time in costume. The library was decorated for Halloween and there were employees dressed in costume but Colby was the only kid dressed-up for story time. Here is a video of Colby and his friends running around, dancing, and having fun.
He had fun dancing with his friends, Avery, Justin and Jacob. After story time, we went home to have lunch and nap. I rested too and caught up on TIVO.
At 5:00, we went out again. We went to the Avalon Park's Fall Festival. There were vendor booths set up that passed out candy, a costume parade, and a stage with music and dancing.
There were 6 boys ranging in age from 20 months to 26 months. This year the boys were actually old enough to Trick or Treat. The first two houses we visited, the boys began to wonder into the houses when the door opened. The parents had to corral them out. They had no idea what they were doing.
Colby wants more CANDY!
Along our trick or treating route, we cam across this fire-pit. Colby let everyone know there was a FIRE. Then he exclaimed "hose!"
So the neighbor at the fire-pit house got out her hose and turned it on and let the little fire-man perform his job.
Book character dress-up day at school. Meredith and I both came dressed as "Fancy Nancy."



0 comments:
Post a Comment