CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Return to Blogging/Click, Clack, Moo

I love to read others' blogs but I haven't posted on mine since Christmas 2009! Now that life has slowed down a little, after having another baby 5 weeks ago, I'd like to make an attempt to return to blogging. Since I'm temporarily a SAHM (stay at home mom), I want to make the most of my time off and remember the day to day events while I'm home with both boys.

Ever since little Hayden has entered our lives, to say that Colby has become a little difficult is an understatement. He easily gets jealous, acts out more, is stubborn and wants our attention all the time. I don't know where my sweet boy has gone. "The Terrible 2's" have nothing on the 3's!

An example of his new naughty behavior occurred last week while I was busy feeding Hayden. Colby got into the kitchen drawer to get the scissors and cut the fish off of his fishing pole. When I asked him what happened he said the fish had fallen off. Then he explained to me that he didn't want the toy to be a fishing pole anymore, he wanted it to be a "weapon" and proceeded to make shooting sounds as he aimed the pole at me.

Another first, he peed his pants while sitting in his high chair! He was being stubborn and refusing to eat what I had made for dinner, baked zitti. Granted it was left over, but he had loved it the day before. I bribed him with a popsicle if he would finish his dinner, which usually works. I told him he was staying put until he ate his dinner. That's when he purposely peed his pants so he could get down.

We've enrolled Colby back into daycare 2 days a week, which benefits everyone - it keeps some stability in his week and saves my sanity. However, the other morning after I had him all dressed, fed, and packed for school, he walks into the bedroom as I'm changing Hayden's diaper and I had to do a double take. Colby's cute face and hands were covered in orange marker. He is continually trying my patience!

To give Colby some undivided attention, Jason and I try to give him as much one on one time. He and daddy spent time working in the yard this weekend trimming the bushes. I've taken him to several birthday parties over the past few weeks.
Yesterday, Colby and I had a special date. We went to see "Click Clack Moo - the Moosical" at the Orlando Repertory Theatre. My copy of the book is probably somewhere at school but I found a video of the story on You Tube and we watched it several times last week. He was so excited about seeing a play - which I had to explain was a story told on stage by actors in costumes. He thought we were going to play I think. He had lots of questions on the way. "Where's Farmer Brown?" "Will the cows eat me?" and "Where is the farm?" When we arrived, he held my hand as we walked into the theater. During the performance, he kept looking at me and would lean in for some snuggles. He loved the play and I loved having some one on one time with my sweet Colby. I ordered a copy of the book from Amazon. It's a board book with animal play pieces that are stored in the the back of the barn book. This will be used as a bribe for good behavior later this week!

1 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again! I'll be reading. Sorry that Colby is acting out. I know that has got to be hard on you. It sounds like he loves his one-on-one time with you though and hopefully soon he will adjust to having a baby brother around.