C: "What is it?"
Me: "Chicken."
C: "I don't think, so. This chicken is not good for me."
Me: "What is good for you?"
C: "Marshmallows!"
2. I asked Colby to help me by getting Hayden's pacifier. He brings the paci to me and it is wet. I asked him if he had put it in his mouth. He replies, "Noooooooo .... why, did you see me put it in my mouth?"
3. On a follow-up from the above. Before going to bed each night, I turn on the video monitor to check and see if all is safe and sound in Colby's room before I go to sleep. I'm baffled to see him lying in his bed sucking on a pacifier. (He kicked this habit a year and a half ago!) I can see he's still awake. I make Jason look at the monitor too and then we both take off up stairs. He found his old paci collection in his dresser drawer and helped himself. When we told him he looked ridiculous and tried to take it away, he insisted that they were big boy pacis. He's right, I did tell them they were big boy pacis earlier that day when he tried to give them to Hayden. Big boy meaning they were for babies 6 months plus!
4. Jason told me this story the other night. On his car ride to take Colby to pre-school, Colby exclaimed he had a booger. Jason looked over his shoulder to see Colby with a big gooey nugget on his index finger. Jason began looking around in the front seat for a napkin, tissue, a wet-wipe, something to give to him. Before Jason could find something, Colby said "never-mind daddy, I put it back in my nose!!!"5. Colby can make a mess in minutes, like dumping out hundreds of Lego pieces. He is content to play for an hour or two by himself but when it comes to putting them away, he will sadly look at you and say, "I can't do it."
6. Whenever it comes to doing something he doesn't want to do, such as cleaning up toys, taking a bath or clipping his nails, he will say, "let's do that tomorrow." Then the next day, it is "tomorrow" again.
7. We call it "rubber knees." When Colby gets disciplined, he shuts down and bends and bounces his knees. He becomes STUBBORN! Forget trying to get him to do anything during this episode. Luckily it doesn't last long, and he is quick to apologize.
8. Colby tried to breast feed Jason! The 3 of us were lying in bed, each talking about our day. Then Jason started to pretend to cry and act like a baby. (He's probably going to kill me later for writing this.) Colby would rub his back and say, "It's okay, baby. Here's a paci." Jason continued to wail. Then Colby threw his body across Jason's face and laid there smothering him. Jason tried to push Colby off of him but Colby, protested saying, "drink your booby milk baby" while thrusting his chest at Jason's face.
9. If you ask Colby, "Guess what?" He answers, "What, you love me?" It's now become a game we play.
10. He loves his character underwear! Transformers, Marvel Superheroes, and Thomas the Train. His favorite is of course, Spider-man. He likes to pair it with his Spider-man T-shirt and Spider-man sunglasses. Our Realtor was over the other night. He was sitting at the dining room table while Jason was in the kitchen when he heard this conversation take place.
Colby - "I have Spider-man underwear on.
Realtor - "Nice"
Colby - "You want to see?"
Realtor - "No, that's ok---oh yes, those are nice."
Jason chases Colby off and saves our Realtor from an uncomfortable situation.
Colby's teacher complimented him on being such a good classroom helper and listener. She said when it's time to clean-up, he's always the first to jump up and help out. She also said he is very enthusiastic about the underwear he has on, telling everybody about them as well as his socks. (He got a new 3 pack of Hot-Wheels socks that he wants to wear all the time because they make him run fast!) I've since talked to him about his love of his underwear and let him know that some things we need to keep private.
I could not make these "Colby-isms" up if I tried! Colby loves to hide. I'll find him in the pantry, the closet under the stairs, our shower. Lately, he's found a new place to hide, his outdoor toy box on the porch.


0 comments:
Post a Comment