CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Adventure Zone

My friend Stephanie invited us to go to Gold Medal Athletics with her little boys. She had never been either but knew of a mom's group that was meeting there.

The place is not very far away and is normally a gymnastics gym. Three mornings a week they turn it into Adventure Zone with 5 huge inflatables to climb, bounce and slide on. I was one of 6 moms there, so we had so much room to run and play.

This slide was huge and I had to climb it while holding Colby; what a workout. He loved it and would tell me more after each slide. See the video of us sliding.



There were also trampolines and lots of cushy tumbling mats. Colby has recently learned to jump with both feet off of the ground. I was sure he would love the trampolines, which he did until someone jumped too close to him and threw his balance off. After that he would cling to my legs and fuss until I picked him up. So I jumped on the trampoline while holding him in my arms. Another work out!

Here's a video of him bouncing on one of the tumbling mats. The background noise is music playing. They were playing a CD I had. Colby was familiar with all the songs and ran around dancing to them He cracked-up one of the gymnast staff members.

I really expected him to be more adventerous since he has been climbing and sliding since he was 16 months on his swingset. He did a lot of wandering and looking things over. At one point he wandered behind one of the inflatiables. When I found him, he was squatting near the air compressor checking out the fan and loud motor. We will definitely be back for more fun. We are going to try and make this a weekly outing through the summer.


0 comments: