We are all finally feeling better in the Alday household. I took Colby for his follow-up appointment for his ear infection on Friday and his ears have both cleared up. My voice has almost returned to normal after 10 days of laryngitis and hoarseness.
Colby turned 25 months this week. He is talking even more and is using the potty all the time. Except at bedtime/nap time, we hardly have to use a diaper when we are at home. He tells me when he has to go and and then he goes.
Most of the time we just sit him on the regular big potty and he goes right away. He loves to push the lid down and flush. I bought some pull-up diapers today and he loves that they have a truck on them.

Speaking of trucks, he is obsessed with his new tractor. Last week, he suckered daddy into buying him a front loader tractor at The Tractor Supply Store. Ever since he brought it home, they are
inseparable. He brings it to bed, he wants it on his tray when he eats and carries it with him through out the house. He even tried to bring it to school with him. Jason had to pry it away from and then he threw a temper tantrum in class. When I picked him up from school that day, the first thing he did when I lifted him up in my arms was to grab my face and say, "daddy, truck!"

Eating a banana. He acts like a monkey when he eats it.
This morning, Colby told me "Elmo Potty!" I said, "what, Elmo has to go potty?" Yes, Colby said and ran to put Elmo on the potty. Funny, but gross. I wash his potty out with hot water and soap each time he uses it. I had just cleaned it the night before with bleach. We had watched a Potty Training DVD with Elmo as the star last month, perhaps that's why he did this. Silly, boy!

Boots!
I ordered these boots online last week for Colby's
Halloween costume. When they arrived in the mail this week, I tried them on him and he absolutely loves them! The first time he put them on, he exclaimed "Daddy's Boots!" I said, yes, they do look just like daddy's only these are just for Colby. He carefully stood up in them and while looking down at his feet, he marched over to the back slider and said "Colby's boots outside." I let him go outside and he continued to stare down at his feet as he paraded around in the backyard.
They are pretty big so he may get over a year's use from them. They will be perfect for Halloween, rain, snow and of course yard work with daddy.
Playing with cars. He takes these into the bath and carries them everywhere. He has also become obsessed with the movie Cars. He asks to watch it almost everyday!

Last month, Colby's
Papa showed him how to hold a blade of grass between his thumbs and blow on it to make it whistle. Last night, while playing in the yard, he kept grabbing
hand fulls of grass and blowing on them. At first I was wondering what he was doing and then remembered
Papa's trick. See the video below.
Here's another video of Colby. He hears the neighbor's dogs and joins in with their barking. Then I think he is trying to sneak up on the dogs. He wants to go across the street and visit them so he asks for my hand and tells me no more pictures.
0 comments:
Post a Comment