CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Homework

Each Friday, a curriculum letter goes home describing what Colby's class will be studying the next week. Last week the color of the week was orange, the shape a circle, and the letter a C. We sent in round objects, his birthday Crown, and wore orange.

Our "Family Fun Homework Project" was to make a paper plate face. As a teacher, I always appreciated those students that did their own work over the parent created projects. I cut, and let Colby glue but he is Mr. Independent these days and wanted to put the glue on himself and then place each part on and take them off and back on again. I'd say stop and he would get mad and cry and then swat the project off the table. We would talk about each facial part and point to our own face and add it to our paper plate.


The homework was given out last Friday but Colby was picked up early that day because he wasn't feeling well. So the homework was filed in his folder at school and not collected until Tuesday. Jason picked it up but it sat in his car for a day and he didn't tell me about it until Thursday. The directions said to be creative and add our own items from home if we wanted but after 30 minutes, I was ready for this Family "Fun" Project to be over with and only used what they provided us. The glue was smeared everywhere and he kept wanting to add his touches with the markers. Our very first homework assignment and we are doing it at the last minute.

Colby's project is is a little scary looking. Jason said Colby proudly handed his homework to his teacher the next morning. His teachers are going to display all the faces on a bulletin board in the classroom. I hope it doesn't look too freakish amongst the other kids' projects.

Colby loves to sing the Itsy-Bitsy Spider. Here he is in the bathtub singing it with the hand motions. I have laryngitis so I'm having to whisper to him. He knows he is being videoed and stops singing because he wants to watch it, NOW.

0 comments: