Happy St. Patrick's Day
For St. Patrick's Day, Larry the Leprechaun visited our house. I created a scavenger hunt for Colby to follow the morning of March 17th but it didn't quite go as planned.
The scavenger hunt was to begin with him using the bathroom and discovering the toilet water was green. There was a clue taped to the back of the toilet.
As usual, Colby is up at 7 AM on the dot, he makes his way downstairs and into our bedroom. I greet him good morning from bed and ask him if he needs to go potty. Nope. After some encouraging, he makes his way to the bathroom. I lie waiting for him to discover the green water. Other than the sound of him tinkling, I don't hear any expected exclaims. I get out of bed and look for myself. Clear water - I accuse Jason of flushing but he swears he used the other bathroom. Turns out the Clorox toilet tab neutralized the water back to clear. Colby does notice the note from Larry and we begin our search for an animal that Moo's.
In the living room we find his cow hat with a note to go where cows eat. Outside in the grass, Colby finds a kite. His keen eagle eye looks across the other side of the yard and finds a pair of green crocodile crocs hanging on the shed. That's supposed to be where the scavenger hunt ends! I have to convince him to go back inside and look for the place when he's bad. He doesn't want to go to time-out. After some convincing he might find another treat, he goes inside to find a package of lime jello. He doesn't want to do the last two clues, and takes off back outside to check out the new crocs. Not sure if leprechauns bring treats, but it was fun - kind of.
We hadn't talked about leprechauns much but he got very excited when he saw a leprechaun graphic on the news later that morning when the meteorologist was giving the weather report. Then when daddy was reading the newspaper, he saw a leprechaun on the front page. He's convinced now leprechauns are real and occasionaly still asks random questions about these small Irish men.


0 comments:
Post a Comment