On most days, Colby dominates 90% of my attention. I look forward to Wednesdays. On this day Colby goes to his daycare class and I get to focus some time on my new bundle of bliss, precious Hayden.
For the past 3 Wednesdays I've been going to a Mommy and Me Tea at the Orlando Health education center. It is for moms and their newborns up to 8 weeks of age. During the meeting you can weigh your baby, feed your baby, then weigh him again to see how many ounces he has taken. While everyone is feeding their babies, the facilitator goes around the room answering questions/concerns we may have with our newborns.
The moms offer support and advice to one another. There's time to visit and get to know one another after the Q/A session too. Because Hayden is still so young, there's not many places I feel comfortable taking him yet. This is one of the few places I have been out with him. It's also great uninterrupted bonding time for Hayden and I.
Hayden is so far, the most easy going, happy baby. I feed him, he has some alert time, and then he sleeps for the next 3 hours straight. I can lay him down anywhere - play-mat, swing, bassinet, sling and he will sleep soundly. He will even sleep with a house full of noise and a big brother that wants to hug and kiss on him all the time. At night, he usually has a 5 to 6 hour stretch of sleep. However last night, he slept 7 hours straight - from 11-6. It was St. Patrick's Day, so it must have been my lucky night.
When Colby was a newborn, I'd wait until he woke before going somewhere. With Hayden, my schedule is different and I have to just go sometimes. Luckily, he's so easy going he doesn't mind me interrupting his sleep to change his diaper and clothes and then strapping him into his car seat and running somewhere. Not once has he cried for more than a few minutes. He just grunts a lot.


1 comments:
I'm so jealous that you are able to go to Tea with Hayden. I didn't get a chance to do that with Isaac and I really missed it. Is Denise still leading it?
Post a Comment